The Dual Tone Advanced Magnet Pack allows you to tune the 14-inch/16-note Dual Tone Idiopan down to hundreds of additional scales. The lowest possible pitches achievable are G 2/3, C# 3/4, D 3/4, F 3/4, G# 3/4, B 3/4, C# 4/5 and D# 4/5.
This pack includes 16 magnets; 2 extra large (Black), 4 large (Blue), 5 Medium (Green), and 5 Medium-Small (Yellow).
See the Owner Guide for details
Tune with a simple push and a pull of the magnets up and down the tongues. Add or remove magnets or change magnet sizes on the tongue to further adjust the pitch. When the desired tuning requires the use of two extra-large (black) magnets on one tongue, be sure to keep the magnets side by side for best results instead of stacking the extra-large (black) magnets on top of each other. When the tuning requires the use of two smaller magnets on one tongue, keep the largest magnet attached to the tongue and stack the smaller magnets on the larger one.
For best results, keep the magnets along the center-line of the tongues when tuning. Here is a scale database website that will provide hundreds of scales that the Dual Tone can be tuned to with the advanced magnet pack:http://www.dolmetsch.com/pianochords.htm
Important Magnet and Choking Hazard Safety Warning!
Read the following warning before you buy and use the magnets.
Disclaimer: Mid-East Mfg., Inc. neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase.
Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
- Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
- Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175-degrees F (80-degrees C).
- The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
- Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
- Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.
Both drums were high quality and sound great! Both were shipped promptly and arrived as promised. Highly recommend this company and their products.
This Idiopan is super cool and small enough to bring it with you. The color is fabulous and the sound seems to be amazing!